Programs, Activities and Initiatives of the Brampton Arts Council
To fulfill our mandate, the Brampton Arts Council carries out activities in the following categories:
- Networking Opportunities
- Promotion & Advocacy
Programs and Activities:
Advocacy, Partnership & Community Involvement (Past & Present):
- Art In Public Places Committee (City of Brampton)
- Arts Alive (Peel Board of Education)
- Brampton Day (City of Brampton)
- Chartwell Greenway Retirement's "Pathway to the Arts"
- Cinderella (Library)
- Councillors' Charity Golf Tournament for the Arts
- Coke's Youth Art Competition Committee
- Communities in Bloom (City of Brampton)
- Cultural Planning Committee (City of Brampton & Library)
- Doors Open Brampton Committee (Brampton Historical Society)
- Downtown And Queen Street Corridor Advisory Committee (City of Brampton)
- Downtown Task Force Committee (City of Brampton)
- Elders Peel Committee
- Graphic Novel of the Arts (Communities in Bloom & City of Brampton)
- Jazz Festival Committee (Community Partners)
- Looking up to the Arts (Shoppers World)
- Public Art Mural Program Committee
- Peel District School Board Community Art Liaison Committee
- Parks, Culture & Recreation Master Plan (City of Brampton)
- Studios of Brampton (Community Partners)
- University of Toronto's Career/Volunteer Fair
- Winter Lights (City of Brampton)
Membership & Outreach:
- Liaison: BAC acts as a champion for art issues to various levels of government and on committees throughout the city, which gives us the opportunity to promote the arts.
- Community Outreach: BAC Board and staff are available to act as resources or mentors in art business skills - for example, assistance or direction in filling out grant applications, how to become incorporated, how to prepare by-laws/constitutions and a variety of other issues. This service is extended to all Brampton residents in the art & culture sector.
- Referrals: BAC receives requests daily for individuals & groups to perform, teach, facilitate workshop, advise, etc.
- Rental Reduction: BAC member groups qualify to reduced City of Brampton venue rentals.
- Funding: BAC, as a charitable organization, acts as the “flow through organization” for funding to groups.
- Sponsorships: allocates sponsorships, when funding is available through the Community Arts Project Program, for example.
- Administrative Services: such as photocopying, printing and postage meter usage are available at veryreasonable rates.
- Meeting Space: Boardroom is available to our group members free of charge.
- Information Centre: BAC maintains a library of information on arts-related groups and activities. Information on funding and reference materials is available.
Publicity & Promotion:
- BAC Arts Guide: In addition to our virtual calendar, this pamphlet announces all group members' events from September to the end of June. A directory of all group members is listed for information. A BAC Summer Art Guide is produced to highlight our groups' summer activities. This is distributed city wide i.e. recreation centres, theatres, libraries, welcome wagon, new developments.
- BAC ArtsTalk Newsletter: This is a quarterly newsletter distributed with current BAC and members' activities. (Ads can be placed in our quarterly newsletter at rates beginning at $25)
- BAC Newsflash: This weekly e-newsletter is sent to all members, sponsors, politicians, etc. to keep them current on new events listings, audition calls, postings in the arts & culture sections, workshops. It is now also available on Facebookas well.
- BAC Web Site: Features Calendar of Events, newsletters and links. We provide links to all of our member groups' web sites as well, as part of this service; we ask that there also be a reciprocal link to the BAC Site.
- HACE™ Directory: Community-wide directory, categorizing the arts in the Heritage, Arts, Culture and Entertainment Sectors.
- BAC Events: Brampton Art Council's annual events present some of the events the council organizes, administers that encourage development, recognition, networking or promotional opportunities.
- Members' flyers are distributed in our quarterly newsletter and are available to the public in our office display area.
Copyright Brampton Arts Council